It’s finally starting to feel like fall here in Pittsburgh & I couldn’t be more excited! This is by far my favorite season; the crisp autumn mornings, the holidays & family gatherings and of course, an excuse to drink hot rum apple cider!
Yesterday my husband & I decided to do a spontaneous family date night. Another favorite of mine 🙂 Dinner & drinks, a little shopping, topped off with game night with our little man. If you haven’t played Pop the Pig yet, you’re missing out.
It was one of those in-between evenings where the weather isn’t quite cold but it’s not hot either. A ‘bring a layer’ kind of night. I decided to wear my new Liverpool Bootcut Jeans from my recent Fix along with this lightweight elbow patch knit I picked up from Marshalls & my go-to boyfriend blazer from H&M. The perfect toddler-approved date night look!
As always – comfortable & effortless housewife style xoxx
Don’t forget to follow me on IG as the_wexford_housewife_ for daily outfit inspo
I have recently become a full blown Maxxinista and am loving every penny saving moment! By definition, a Maxxinista is “one who finds unique and original designer items at discount prices” at the discount department store TJ Maxx. The fact that I found an actual definition of this online is amazing!
I always seem to have such good luck shopping at TJ Maxx & Marshalls, not to mention Homegoods too! It’s always a quick & easy shopping experience which makes dragging my toddler along with me not a complete nightmare. Anyways, I am excited to share some of my most recent finds & how I styled them
Lemon & pineapple prints are everywhere this season, so when I found this Off The Shoulder Top for only $12.99 at TJ Maxx, I just had to get it! I kept things casual by pairing it my high-rise distressed skinnies, cuffed at the ankle, strappy wedges & statement chandelier earrings.
Being that I’m only 5’0″ tall I rarely wear skirts, but with midi skirts being on-trend this year I just had to try one for myself. I picked up this yellow perforated skirt & crochet cap sleeved knit from TJ Maxx for under $25. Since the top was a little long I decided to knot the hem to one side & add a fun pop of contrasting color with this blue floral necklace.
As you can see, I saved the best for last! I found this floral tie waist jumpsuit at Marshalls for under $20 (I can’t remember the exact price). But, what a steal! I paired this jumpsuit with my Tory Burch wedges and Chloe+Isabel statement necklace for a good friend’s wedding rehearsal.
Feel free to follow me on Instagram as the_wexford_housewife_ for daily style inspo and fitting room stories!
As always – comfortable & effortless housewife style xoxx
Thank you to Sheila, the author of A Girl’s Path to Happiness for recognizing The Wexford Housewife with a Liebster Award! A Liebster helps to discover new bloggers. It is an online award given to bloggers from other bloggers that acknowledges them into the blogging community. I am so happy to accept & pass along the recognition to others!
There are a few rules to accepting this award:
- Make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you
- Include the Liebster Award badge in your post
- Nominate up to 10 other bloggers and notify them in your post
- All nominated bloggers are to have less than 200 (originally 1,000) followers
- Answer the questions posed by your nominator and create 11 different questions for your nominees to answer. Or, you can repeat the same questions
- Copy these rules into your post
My Questions & Answers:
- Why did you start your blog and what motivates you to write regularly?
As a SAHM it’s easy to get lost in the daily routine of being a wife and mother. I needed something to call my own; I needed something to be proud of besides keeping my son alive; I needed a creative outlet to express myself. Having a 1-year old makes it hard to write regularly, but I do my best to find the time.
- What is the most awkward situation in your life?
A recent awkward/embarrassing moment happened while my husband & I were at the local ice cream shop with our son. I had my son in one arm and the diaper bag in the other, as I tried to get out of the booth I misjudged how long it was and fell flat on my butt! In that quick moment as I fell to the floor all I could think to do was save my son from getting hurt. My son was fine, my husband was dying laughing and my butt was sore for days!
- What is your dream job? Are you going to work hard to get it?
As a young girl my dream job was to be a fashion designer. I soon realized I had a hard time visualizing my thoughts on paper; I am creative not artistic, there’s definitely a difference. Rather, I went to school for fashion merchandising and had the opportunity to live and work in both NYC and Los Angeles. The experiences I had in both cities were life changing and helped me to fulfill my dream of working in the fashion world!
- When is the last time you lied to someone, and why?
I honestly can’t remember the last time I lied to someone, but I am sure I did it to shield from hurting their feelings.
- What is your biggest fear?
Even though I’m 30, I’m still terrified of things that go bump in the night! Don’t get me wrong, I love watching horror movies & am obsessed with The Walking Dead but it keeps me up at night.
- How do you like to spend your free time?
When I have free time without my boys I love spending it with my girlfriends! My favorite thing to do is to go out for dinner & drinks.
- Tell me about me about one of the biggest mistakes you’ve made.
When I was 22 weeks pregnant I made the mistake of driving to my parents in a snow storm. I lost control while changing lanes and got into a bad car accident. Thank god my son & I were okay, but my car was in the shop for a month.
- What do you like to do the most?
I love going on vacation with my husband! Our favorite spot is Punta Cana – we even got married there!
- Is there someone you really admire? Who?
The person I admire more than anyone is my mother. She’s a beautiful woman with a huge heart and I’m proud to say that not only is she my mom but she’s also my best friend!
- Name three things you could not live without?
My family and friends (there are too many to name and I love them all, especially my husband & son), coffee and shopping! AND wine, I couldn’t live without wine!!!
Thank you again for the nomination!!! I would love to pass along recognition to…
Seek Out Chic
The Ballad of Baby Jail
Daily Life as a Mom
If you chose to accept the Liebster Award follow the instructions I provided and answer the following questions.
- Why did you start your blog and what motivates you to write?
- When do you find time to write in your blog?
- What is your favorite/best part of your day?
- What helps you stay sane?
- If you had unlimited funds where would you travel to and why?
- What do you love most about the city you currently live in?
- Where is your favorite place to shop (for clothes)?
- What song puts a smile on your face no matter how many times you hear it?
- If you could stay a certain age forever, what age would it be?
- Who is your biggest fan?
- What are three things you could not live without?